Shelton, CT US
Manufacture and repair tooling, or to perform major rebuilding of existing production tooling to Engineering prints in accordance with developed standards and production requirements. Toolmakers also make job specific fixtures and gauges and are responsible for precision machining & grinding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Build new tools to meet engineering design criteria, piece part quality and production requirements.
· Manufacture spare components and verify sizing, fit, form and function to ensure quality and production requirements.
· Keep tools running at optimal efficiency through sustained maintenance, repair and modifications necessary to achieve production, quality and customer requirements.
· Improve tool performance through analysis, troubleshooting and technical problem solving.
· Proactively review designs, instructions and other materials to prevent mistakes and eliminate potential problems.
· Fabricate QC gauges and machine parts which require precision grinding and assembly.
· Ensure documentation and records are maintained in the ERP system.
· Attend training activities; train and help others as required.
· Participate in continual improvement teams and activities as required to improve safety, productivity, profitability anefficiency.
· Keep work area clean and orderly at all times.
· Compliance with attached Safety Expectations.
· Accurate recording of time including time-clock, job activities, and other data entry.
· Regular and punctual attendance at work.
· Compliance with relevant policies, procedures and instructions, including Code of Conduct.
This job description may not include all of the employee’s duties and responsibilities, the scope of which remains at all times subject to the management and direction of the employee's supervisor.
For immediate consideration, apply with most current resume, or call Diane at 860-489-1463 for more details.
What I love most about my job is the excitement of finding the perfect candidate for the specific job I am staffing for and the gratitude of the candidate for helping them find a job they love.
Fun times for me are spending my weekends with my family, especially my granddaughter. We do special things together which I hope she will cherish forever. My passion for photography inspires me because I can capture many memories that will last a lifetime.
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” - Aaron Siskind