Torrington, CT 06484 US
2nd shift CNC Operator / Set Up
Operates CNC Mills, Grinders and related equipment in accordance with customer specifications and the Company’s safety and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures all safety devices are in proper placement before operating any equipment
· Applies safe work practices in material handling and machine operation
· Operate CNC Mills/Grinders and related equipment ensuring all product is correctly machined all the time
· Execute mill/grinder operations that meet equipment set standards
· Inspects and assesses the general condition of equipment during the production run
· Reports problems and makes routine adjustments as required and/or authorized by Supervisor
· Continually inspects parts for high quality and records applicable information as required
· Uses computer to accurately enter all Company required information
· Effectively trains others on the safe operation of CNC Mills/Grinders and related equipment
· Accomplish daily routine upkeep chores as described on checklists for equipment
· Attends all company specified training as required
· Participates in continual improvement as required
· Maintains a clean and organized work area at all times
· Compliance with attached Safety Expectations.
· Accurate recording of time including timeclock, job activities, and other data entry.
· Regular and punctual attendance at work.
· Compliance with relevant policies, procedures and instructions, including Code of Conduct.
This job description may not include all of the employee’s duties and responsibilities, the scope of which remains at all times subject to the management and direction of the employee's supervisor.
Education & experience: Vocational schooling, computer skills, programming experience a plus. One year working experience.
*Must have no wood allergies
What I love most about my job is the excitement of finding the perfect candidate for the specific job I am staffing for and the gratitude of the candidate for helping them find a job they love.
Fun times for me are spending my weekends with my family, especially my granddaughter. We do special things together which I hope she will cherish forever. My passion for photography inspires me because I can capture many memories that will last a lifetime.
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” - Aaron Siskind